Pumpkin spice might be the unofficial flavor of fall, but the sweet combination of cinnamon and apples is just as worthy of your snacking pleasures - and definitely a fan favorite amongst kids. These energy bites are packed with all the good stuff: dried fruit, whole grain oats, pecans, and seasonal spices. Unlike almost every granola bar on the market, this recipe is totally free of refined sugar and contains no artificial ingredients. They're also 100% plant-based and as an added bonus - kids can make these themselves!
Apple Pie Cinnamon Energy Bites
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup dried apple rings
3/4 cup pitted dates
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Soak the dates for 10 minutes.* Make sure all the pits are removed!
- Combine the oats and pecans in a food processor for 30 seconds
- Rip the apples into small pieces and add to the food processor for another 30 seconds.
- Drain the dates, and add to the food processor, along with the spices. Blend until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 1" balls. (This recipe makes 18 balls.)
- Start snacking and save the leftovers in the refrigerator!
* If you have a strong food processor, you can actually skip the steps of soaking the dates and chopping the apples into smaller pieces. If your food processor is not as strong, you might want to soak the dates for longer and cut those into pieces as well.
Want to skip the grocery store and get everything you need delivered?